Do you have a Twitter account?
Did you ever?
Do you remember how much you appreciated when one of your posts was “liked”?
Local businesses are part of the community. The people working in those businesses are your prospects and clients. Why would you not make your prospects and clients appreciate you when there is little or no cost?
Twitter is not Instagram in the same way Instagram is not Facebook. Each has a unique engagement model. Choosing not to “work” Twitter because the other platforms give “better” results assumes “results” are interchangeable. They are not.
Organic Twitter engagement is the result of using relevant hashtags to be found by those looking. Liking, sharing, and commenting on tweets by those whose awareness you are seeking. Your Part-time CMO handles the #TwitterAutomation and includes #SocialListening.
What is Social listening?
As the name suggests, we use a process similar to keywords in SEO (Search Engine Optimization) to identify conversations occurring on social media platforms. Think of it as “Social Eavesdropping Optimization.”
We can listen for anything but here are a few foundational settings
- Your brand name and social media account handles (ex: #YourPartTimeCMO or #SignalPointMarketing)
- Product names and misspellings (ex: Volkswagon, Volkswagen, or Volkswagin)
- Company slogans and nicknames
- Competitor names and related keywords
- Generic industry hashtags (ex: #SocialMediaManagement #SMM)
- Industry keywords, phrases, and buzzwords (#Social #SocialMediaTips)
Armed with realtime examples of conversations related to your business (including what is working for competitors and others in your vertical), you can make tactical decisions without the cost of hiring data analysts and other expensive experts.